Friday, April 21, 2017

Student Juried Exhibition Contribution

-April 4th and 5th: Helped place, set up, and install artwork
-Helped with cosmetic tasks (patching walls, clean-up)
-Made gallery labels for show
- Helped de-install previous show in capstone gallery
____________________________________________

The biggest challenge in the completion of installing/de-installing was navigating the specifics of proper gallery art installation. Moving and placing the art was simple, but I had difficulty wrapping my head around the hanging/installation specifications. I learned from this challenge the technical aspects of art installation. Moreover, I found this incredibly valuable because I feel as though I can better navigate shows like this in the future. I think that I would do more preemptive research on gallery installation specifications and the artwork to be exhibited in order to better my input and participation.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful feedback Brenna, thanks. Installing is always difficult and often very hard to prepare for in advance. But I do think finding some tutorials, etc. to view are helpful.

    ReplyDelete